Ghost Forums, Paranormal Forums, Ghost Hunter Forums, Ghost Chat, Paranormal Chat, Ghosts, Ghost :: View topic - sleep paralysis or....?
Ghost, Ghost Hunter, Paranormal Forums - Ghost And Paranormal Message Forums - Ghost, ghost hunter, paranormal forums - ghost and paranormal message forums. Ghost forums and paranormal forums, ghost stories, ghost chat, true ghost stories and much more. Find ghost forums, ghost chat rooms, paranormal forums, ghost message boards, ghost discussion groups, ghost message forums, ghost hunter message forums, ghost hunter message boards, ghosts, paranormal forums, paranormal message boards, aedryan methyus, endless slumber, ghost chat, paranormal chat, ghost hunter forums, ghost study groups, ghost discussions, ghost stories, true ghost stories, ghost forums, ghosts, ghost chat rooms, paranormal forums, ghost chat, paranormal chat, paranormal chat rooms, ghosts and MUCH more!
Ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms,  paranormal forums, ghosts, paranormal, the paranormal, paranormal discussion, paranormal discussion forums, paranormal message boards, ghost forums, paranormal forums ghosts, demons, ghost hunters, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter chat, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter message forums, ghost hunter message boards, TAPS, ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms, ghost chatrooms, paranormal forums, ghosts, demons paranormal research, facts about ghosts, ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost discussion, talk about ghosts, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter message forums, ghost hunters, ghost hunter chat, ghost hunter chat rooms, ghosts ghost study, the study of ghosts, ghosts, hauntings, spirits, the paranormal, TAPS,  ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms, ghost chatrooms, paranormal chat, paranormal chat rooms, paranormal chatrooms, paranormal discussion boards, paranormal discussion, paranormal discussion forums, ghost discussion, talk about ghosts ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost chat, ghost hunters, TAPS, ghost hunter forums, ghost hunter chat, ghost hunter chat rooms, ghosts, demons, spirits, the after life, the afterlife, talk about ghosts ghost forums, paranormal forums, paranormal discussion forums, ghost discussion forums, ghosts, spirits, paranormal, after life, the after life, the afterlife, ghost forums, paranormal forums paranormal message forums, paranormal message boards, ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost discussion, ghost discussions, the paranormal, ghosts, spirits, hauntings, demons, the paranormal, the after life, ghost forums, ghost chat, ghost chat rooms, paranormal chat rooms ghosts, spirits, hauntings, ghost hunters, taps, the paranormal, after life, afterlife, paranormal, ghost forums, paranormal forums, ghost chat, paranormal chat, paranormal message forums, ghost message forums, ghost hunter forums, forums about ghosts, ghost stories, facts about ghosts
The time now is Aug Fri 01, 2014 8:50 am | Log in to check your private messages
View unanswered posts
Memberlist Usergroups Register Log in

sleep paralysis or....?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ghost Forums, Paranormal Forums, Ghost Hunter Forums, Ghost Chat, Paranormal Chat, Ghosts, Ghost Forum Index » Sleep Paralysis - Sleeping Disorder Or Something Paranormal?
View previous topic | View next topic  
LadyDooM
Curious About Ghosts
Curious About Ghosts

PostPosted: Aug Thu 17, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: sleep paralysis or....? Reply with quote

I have had this "thing" happen to me several times, but it only started after I was living on Highpeak Rd. The first time I woke up and I felt tingly all over and like I was Stoned feeling. And I remember thinking that I was floating, but i didn't care and went back to sleep. I woke up again and thought Im still floating, oh well let me turn over and see, so I turned over and I dont remeber seeing anything in the bed but I must have gone back to sleep. When I woke up in the morning I felt really well rested and in a good mood.
The second time it happened I woke up with same feeling, like I was floating and tingly. So I decided to fly out the window, I'm guessing that It was a dream cus I did fly out my window and went a few places..lol
However after those 2 experiences I started feeling what was happening to me. It would start at my legs they would go cold and tingly and that feeling would slowly move up my entire body till it actually felt like electricity and not just tingly. It would hurt very much and it was like I was awake and aware of what was happening but unable to stop it. I don't know if these are just weird dreams or actually happening, but it started to scare me that I would fight to try and keep it from happening. That has happened many times. But strangely since I have moved to the UK, it has stopped. I felt it like a few times start tingling around my legs, but then it never got any further than that.
Shark89
Ghost Enthusiast
Ghost Enthusiast

PostPosted: Aug Thu 17, 2006 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can't say I know much about this, but from what I've read around here, and in other places, the first two experiences sound a lot like out-of-body experiences. Of course, that is from what I know. fratka and Aedryan could probably tell you what you were experiencing, or if you were just dreaming, since they've worked with this for a lot longer than I have.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
fratka
Prestigious Innovator Of Ghost Study

PostPosted: Aug Thu 17, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shark is right...it sounds like OBE. Spontaneous projection is more common than a lot of people would like to admit. The tingly feeling are vibrations that are sometimes accompanied by a buzzing or rushing feeling/sound in your head. At that point if you concentrate on your sight you may see some wierd perspectives depending on how you are oriented. It can really be confusing too!Laughing

Spontaneous projection seems to most commonly occur when a person becomes aware while still asleep and in the hypnogogic state (where your body is still paralyzed for sleep). What is believed by most who practice these projection techniques is that you project every night in your dreams but with little if any recollection. Most likely due to higher levels of consciousness not present on a physically conscious level.

This is when you get into focus levels and transdimensional entities, which is what we are but we will save that for an off board conversation. This is not a OBE or Astral forum so we will keep it to other entities... 8)

Death does not exist!
http://thecontactfield.blogspot.com/
OMS Transmitting
Ghost Lovin Phreak!
Ghost Lovin Phreak!

PostPosted: Oct Mon 16, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Sleep Paralysis may be one aspect of what's going on, and the tingling and "electric" feelings have been reported by people having OBEs (or what they think to be such) ... there is also a possibility it was a form of seizure activity (likely subclinical).

TLE epilepsy in particular can cause sensations of OBE w paralysis and tingling/electric shock feelings (some experience it only nocturnally). It's the intense electric shock sensation that makes me wonder if this is something different than typical Sleep Paralysis.

It is just one possibility and I can't diagnose you. But if this continues to happen I advise you see your doc. He may refer you to a neuro doc who will likely have you take a sleeping EEG test. It's just one possibility, as I said.
cmhsquirrel
Curious About Ghosts
Curious About Ghosts

PostPosted: Nov Wed 22, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Sleep Paralysis Reply with quote

I have had this happen to me so many times. The first time this happend to me was about 4 years ago. It was the first time I ever lived alone.

I went to sleep and sometime durring the night, I opened my eyes, but I was not able to move. My entire body was in a tingle, as if I had slept on my arm for to long. Durring this time, might have been around 10 minutes that I was in this state, many freaky things happend to me. First I began to see things walk past my bedroom. I tried to call out, but of course I could not move anything but my eyes. Also, I felt somthing tugging on the sheet I was laying on. It felt like it was trying to pull me off the bed. It also felt someone sit next to me on the edge of the bed because I would feel my body lean to the left. The whole time I was on my back. I don't think I was ever this terrified in my life. Then to top it off, someone walked into my room and sat on my bed and just staired at me. I don't remember the face, I just remember a slight smile coming from him, with his head tilted. Kind of like, it's going to be ok, kinda smile.

The whole time, all I was trying to do was yell help. Finnaly after much effert, I was finnaly able to open my mouth and make a slight noise. For some reason I knew that making a noise would wake me up. After I woke up, I realised that the whole time my eyes were not open. After a few minutes I was finnaly able to move my body enough to get out of bed. After a little while I went back to sleep. This happened to me 2 more times that night. In all, I had 3 of these in about an hour and a half. I then went to sleep on my sofa, it dod not repeat, I slept on my sofa for the next week lol.

This went on for months, then stoped. Many months later it started up again and stoped. I was always the same, but I never say that person that sat on my bed again. Each time i would snap out of it when i was able to make a noise. I did some research on it and found out thats its very common to happed do to stress and lack of a regular sleep schedual, both times i was working in a 24 hour store and working 4 different shifts. each time I left to a normal store, it would stop. The hallucinations is known as the Hag Syndrome. This has not happend since that year, and god I hope it ever does again.
Aedryan Methyus

PostPosted: Nov Wed 22, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's gotta be pretty scary when this happens. You're right though, it's definitely a classic case of "The Old Hag Syndrome". Most people will swear up and down they were wide awake when it happens though. I think you're the first person to ever say that you realized you were sleeping. Before we moved the forum, we used to have someone else that would have these episodes right in the middle of the day, while she wasn't even in bed supposedly.

Thanks for sharing and please be sure to keep us posted and let us know if you have anymore episodes!

- Aedryan
LShaune
Curious About Ghosts
Curious About Ghosts

PostPosted: Jun Fri 29, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Sleep Paralysis Reply with quote

Sleep paralysis is probably the thing I hate most in this world. I've had it many times, and the first three to five times I think were exactly the same.
I 'woke' with my eyes closed and my whole body feeling numbed and distant. I began hearing kids talking, many kids talking, and slowly the voices grew angry and violent. They began cursing at one another and screaming. I also heard a sound similar to wet shoes on tile, that grew so loud it hurt my ears. I would try to open my eyes only to find my eyes wouldn't move if I did open them and that my eye lids were too 'heavy' to keep open. I managed to jerk my head to one side and the noises lessened a bit, then began to build back up. I continued to try to jerk my head from side to side, but it was exhausting. I realized I wasn't completely asleep, because as I moved my head I could feel the pillow beneath it rubbing my cheek or head. Eventually I woke up, tired and scared. I fell straight away to sleep again, and didn't have another episode that night.
Other incidents included hearing chattering, like people talking, and feeling as though my back were very close to a steep edge I may fall down. Each time I realized I was sleeping and needed to wake up. This mostly occured after sleep, though once I felt it begin before hand. My body became numbed and the shadows I saw while my eyes were closed were very dark, but I knew I was falling asleep. I felt as though I were falling asleep too quickly for my mind to keep up, and managed to wake myself back up.
The oddest experience I've had is falling asleep for less than 10 minutes and suddenly hearing a voice talk to me. It said it had been watching me, and something else. When my Mom called to me, I heard her and woke up instantly, with a feeling as if I were falling.
Aedryan Methyus

PostPosted: Jun Fri 29, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely freaky.... Shocked
LShaune
Curious About Ghosts
Curious About Ghosts

PostPosted: Jun Fri 29, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aedryan Methyus wrote:
Definitely freaky.... Shocked
Ha ha, now we know why people used to think a demon was sitting on their chest Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ghost Forums, Paranormal Forums, Ghost Hunter Forums, Ghost Chat, Paranormal Chat, Ghosts, Ghost Forum Index » Sleep Paralysis - Sleeping Disorder Or Something Paranormal?